The Sami are the indigenous people of the North and our Sami guide would like you to get know his culture better both past, present and future, through tasting some typical Sai food, seeing and learning about Sami artifacts and hearing stories and the joik ( traditional Sami song). If you are lucky, the guide will even share some secrets how to survive life in an extreme Arctic nature.
The Reindeer Sledding is an important part of the experience as the oldest known form of transport in the north and central part of the Sami culture. After sledding, you will participate the feeding session of the nice herd of reindeer at our camp, and here you will have plenty of time to get up-close and personal with our charming creatures.
What is included: ( 3 hours)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide,
- Story telling in Sami tent ( lavvu) with Sami food tasting, 1,5 hour.
- Hot beverages and hot meal ( traditional Sami stew)
- Reindeer sledding ( approx.20-30min. ) ( depending on weather and snow conditions)
- Feeding the herd on our camp.
- Number of participats : 2-45
Level of difficulty: Easy outdoors/ Family-friendly. Full access for wheel-chairs.
Price list: Adult NOK 1590,-
Youth (13-17) NOK 1290,-
Child ( 4-12) NOK 700,-
Infants ( 0-3) Free